Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oldest starts college and youngest starts Kindergarten.


My oldest has left for college and my youngest is in kindergarten. For 19 years the focus of my time has been on children. While I still have 5 children at home and one should not underestimate the energy that a child takes, even after moving out of the house. It really is amazing to have some solitude. Children are hard work. That never changes, but the nature of the work changes. Now that my work is changing, I have some time back. The solitude is peaceful and restful, renewing. No TV or music blaring. No soccer game in the family room. No one asking for help for anything. No doors slamming and the constant movement in the kitchen. Now I have some time to renew myself, to put some "oil back in the lamp."


3 comments:

Nicole said...

Not that you have anything else to worry about right....enjoy the quiet-it won't be that way for long!

fdnman said...

As long as you can keep your husband at work instead of finding reasons to work from home...you're all set!

Shawna said...

thanks for the glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel :) Enjoy your free time!